Thread: S1 exhaust stack

Default S1 exhaust stack

Hello to all the Sport Cub owners out there. I need a part for my S1 Sport Cub Serial #8. Completed a yearly annual yesterday and found a circumferential crack in my Right Exhaust stack where it attached to number 3 cylinder on the O-200 engine. It was 3/4 of the way around the pipe. Tried welding it but this was not successful. Contacted CubCrafters and was told none of these were available.

If anyone out there who has an S1 Cub and has upgraded to the new performance exhaust system and happens to have an old, original Right exhaust stack in a corner somewhere and is willing to part with it then I would certainly like to hear from you. Please contact me at 828-265-6987.

Charlie Czermak
    Sport Cub #0008
    North Carolina

Default Re: S1 exhaust stack

Charlie, I upgraded to the hiproformance exhaust and I highly reccomend biting the $ bullet as by doing so my increase in performance was surprisingly significant. I am really happy that I finally made the change over!

However if that is not possible at this time you are welcome to my old S1 exhaust parts. My mechanic has them and you would need to make shipping arrangements with him by calling Tim at Tim's Air at 1-253-857-3642.

good luck with it my friend

Geo
    sport cub #6

I should mention there is an increase of 4 lbs with the hi-performance exhaust so I had to also go to the composite prop for that 10 lb weight loss.

I tell you that combination gave me a whole new performing airplane! I really am happy with the change!

Geo

My mechanic Tim of Tim's Air repaired my old S1 exhaust and shipped it to Charlie so he can get back in the air!

Quote Originally Posted by couleeone View Post
    My mechanic Tim of Tim's Air repaired my old S1 exhaust and shipped it to Charlie so he can get back in the air!
    Thank you, George and Tim!
    Becky Teerink

The biggest thanks of all are from me. George and Tim were fantastic, kind and generous. Makes you feel good to belong to such a group as the Sport Cub owners. Again, many thanks George and Tim. The Cub will be back in the air soon.

Charlie

Junior Member Table Rock Aviation's Avatar

Charlie,

I hope all is well with you up at Mtn. City! N743CC had the same crack occur on the same side but I'm not sure if it was the same cylinder. Either way we have a serviceable Left Side exhaust stack if the same thing ever occurs to you on that side. I will tell you if you choose NOT to upgrade to the performance exhaust, I would reccomend that you upgrade to the new style Cabin Heat/Carb Heat muffs. The old style may end up wearing into the pipes over time. We just put the new performance exhaust on N743CC and I will admit you can feel and see the difference in performance. The engine runs smoother and gained approx 75 rpm on static runup. When you have some time, come fly down to Hickory and let me take you for a spin in it!

Best Regards!
    Brandon NeSmith
    Table Rock Aviation