Thread: New Fuel Nozzle Benefitsl

Default New Fuel Nozzle Benefitsl

Attached is Marvel Schebler SB-22. This explains the rationale for the new Nozzle.

Regards, Carl

http://msacarbs.com/pdf/SB-22_O%20Ne...l%20Nozzle.pdf
    Last edited by carlconti; 01-12-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Default Re: New Fuel Nozzle Benefitsl

It would be really helpful if someone with a new CC or maybe CubCrafters run a complete GAMI Lean Test with the new nozzle and post it here so that we can get some quantitative measure of the improvement.

I posted a lean test with the old nozzle here for comparison.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    It would be really helpful if someone with a new CC or maybe CubCrafters run a complete GAMI Lean Test with the new nozzle and post it here so that we can get some quantitative measure of the improvement.

I agree Bob, that would be very helpful.
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post

Bob, that would be very helpful. I have written to Marvel Schebler asking for any data they may have. We'll see whether that request yields anything.

The ultimate comparison would be a before and after on the same engine. You are halfway there.

regards, Carl

Got an answer from Marvel. They say they gave all their data to Pete D. Pete,can you share that data with us unwashed rabble?

regards, Carl

This isn't a unique situation with the CC or even Lycomings and clones. I've been studying the poor mixture distribution problem for several years. It is problem dating back to the beginning of multi-cylinder engines. There are early SAE papers from the 1920's describing the problem. I'd absolutely be thrilled if there were a cure other than fuel injection!
    As old project manager friend used to say, if all these capital improvement projects did what was intended, we'd have our production lines making finished product out of nothing, at an unlimited rate. A bit of a skeptic based on passed experience. Any data to help folks know what to expect? I'd think a GAMI lean test before and after, different altitudes, different throttle settings would be helpful so folks stepping up and spending the time and money have some idea of the benefit.