Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CubCrafter's 2014 Stroker CC340 Engine Weight

Default Re: CubCrafter's 2014 Stroker CC340 Engine Weight

Kevin, please keep us up to date on the progress of your effort on the forum. Two things would make a big difference in the Carbon Cub: cooler operating temperatures (for our low and slow flight profiles) and better fuel efficiency (LSA weight limits and fuel capacity).

A fuel injected Carbon Cub should get us to the point of running cool and efficient (lean of peak).
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Default Re: CubCrafter's 2014 Stroker CC340 Engine Weight

Quote Originally Posted by relentless View Post
    Turbopilot, wow! I had no idea anyone was paying attention. All I can tell you right now is that Bart Lalonde and I are working 12 hours every day to come up with exactly the configuration you seek. We are very close and if anyone can hlep me pull this off, its Bart!
    Kevin,

I have just started building a Carbon Cub EX kit, so I will be looking to buy an engine in 18 months.

I would be willing to pay a significant premium for a fuel-injected version of the current Cub Crafter stroker 340 engine.

I hope you will work with ACE to see if their cylinder and fuel injection solution could be offered on your base engine to Cub Crafter builders.

Mark Wheeler