Thread: Belly Fuel Tank

Default Belly Fuel Tank

Hi Mitch & Co.!

Just wanted to mak sure you guys remember that there are those of us that are still waiting for the belly tank. When I was going through the build process, I saw the prototype and was told it was around the corner. That was a year or more ago. What's the status now? It looked at the time like it was almost ready!! 25 gals of fuel just isn't that much when you're burning 8 gph!

Anxiously awaiting the good word...

Gal Bar-or, Wilson WY

Default Re: Belly Fuel Tank

I would be interested in the belly tank status also

The belly tank project is still on the back burner currently as far as I know.

There is additional fuel available in the wings though. All models of Carbon Cub have options for standard (12 gal per wing) or extended range (22 gal per wing) tanks.

It is possible to retrofit into an existing airplane but not cheap and requires recovering the inboard 1/3 of the wing.

Pete D.

I would seriously consider the belly pod even just for storage (now that I have the wing extended tanks). The lack of baggage door, difficult access and limited space makes little to no sense given that I have a far greater max gross than I can realistically carry, mostly due to lack of storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    The belly tank project is still on the back burner currently as far as I know.

There is additional fuel available in the wings though. All models of Carbon Cub have options for standard (12 gal per wing) or extended range (22 gal per wing) tanks.

It is possible to retrofit into an existing airplane but not cheap and requires recovering the inboard 1/3 of the wing.

Pete D.

You might want to check with Noel Simmons of Cubworks. He might be able to build one for you with one.