Thread: $300 Rebate on all Bose A20 Headsets

Default $300 Rebate on all Bose A20 Headsets

from another aviation forum:

"Bose is giving a $300 rebate on all there New A20 headsets if you exchange your older Generation 1 headset. This isn't good for any other Bose headset. This is because they are no longer servicing these older Gen 1 headsets.
    There is no limit on how many you can return, and I happen to have about 40 pairs that anyone can buy for $100 shipped. These headsets have cut cords, but condition is not a factor on the rebate.
    If anyone is planning on buying a new pair of A20 headsets, here is your chance to save a few bucks.

You can call BOSE 1-800-999-2673. Ask to get transferred to the aviation side, and ask them about the $300 rebate on the Gen 1 series headsets. They don't make any effort to let you know about the rebate, you just have to ask."
    Alex Bell

Default Re: $300 Rebate on all Bose A20 Headsets

Speaking of Bose, i've just seen that they also offer coiled cable options. Is anyone used those and can tell if they are more practical?

Default Re: $300 Rebate on all Bose A20 Headsets

Quote Originally Posted by JanDetlefsen View Post
    Speaking of Bose, i've just seen that they also offer coiled cable options. Is anyone used those and can tell if they are more practical?
    If you buy the Bose headset from CubCrafters it will likely come with a coiled cable. I was told this option was only available through CubCrafters but it is actually available directly from Bose. At the time I ordered mine it was not an advertised option and I had to work through Bose customer support to purchase it.

Coiled cable has advantage that there isn't a lot of cable to get caught up in the rear rudder pedals. It has the disadvantage that it is quite heavy (mass is more concentrated) and, if you don't get the cable routing correct, you may be aware of it tapping on your shoulder.