Thread: Landing light blinking circuit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Landing light blinking circuit

Pete,
    I use my one landing light only to be seen in flight. If the the switching module was installed with just one light would it still blink the light with perhaps with a longer off time? Thanks Jake

Default Re: Landing light blinking circuit

The switching circuit will blink the light the same rate if there is one or two. But if there are two lights they just alternate but each light is on and off for the same amount of time as if there was only one light.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Balfour,Southland, South Island, New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    The switching circuit will blink the light the same rate if there is one or two. But if there are two lights they just alternate but each light is on and off for the same amount of time as if there was only one light.
    Hi Pete,
    We have EX 0055 with the wig wag lighting, however i have just noticed with the engine running only the right light goes,in wig wag mode,however with the engine stopped both lights work in wig wag mode, start up again and just the right light flashes, however both work in full mode as per expected, any quick fix, or ideas for this mystery please Pete..

Cheers Terry

One of Life's best decisions, A Carbon Cub

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Hi Pete,
    We have EX 0055 with the wig wag lighting, however i have just noticed with the engine running only the right light goes,in wig wag mode,however with the engine stopped both lights work in wig wag mode, start up again and just the right light flashes, however both work in full mode as per expected, any quick fix, or ideas for this mystery please Pete..

Cheers Terry

One of Life's best decisions, A Carbon Cub

When the lights are on with the engine off can you hear a click-click-click sound like a turn signal in a car? I'm going to guess you probably do, and you have the older version of the wig-wag system that uses a mechanical switch. They can act different with the slightly higher (14.2) voltage it gets with the alternator on vs with just the master on and around 12 volts. Because there is moving parts they can wear out.

If the above is true, recommend updating to the current version we use which is a solid state switch. No moving parts and they tend to work much better.

Any of the guys in the parts/support store should be able to get you the parts and info on the part and how to install it.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

When the lights are on with the engine off can you hear a click-click-click sound like a turn signal in a car? I'm going to guess you probably do, and you have the older version of the wig-wag system that uses a mechanical switch. They can act different with the slightly higher (14.2) voltage it gets with the alternator on vs with just the master on and around 12 volts. Because there is moving parts they can wear out.

If the above is true, recommend updating to the current version we use which is a solid state switch. No moving parts and they tend to work much better.

Any of the guys in the parts/support store should be able to get you the parts and info on the part and how to install it.
    I received a wig wag module with my light hit and another with my world VFR kit. So I have an extra

Balfour,Southland, South Island, New Zealand

Cheers, thanks Pete, thats sounds like the problem, as it does give a manual click, however i'll need to be a contortionist as a 220lb"r @ 6 ft, and a 65 year old to get in behind that panel, something i've been dreading...will contact the store, or maybe you work it in with that ski holiday to N Z Pete..??

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Cheers, thanks Pete, thats sounds like the problem, as it does give a manual click, however i'll need to be a contortionist as a 220lb"r @ 6 ft, and a 65 year old to get in behind that panel, something i've been dreading...will contact the store, or maybe you work it in with that ski holiday to N Z Pete..??

I'm in! Let me know where I need to go. NZ is on my list of places I want to visit.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc