Thread: Welcome to the Carbon Cub EX forums!

Default Welcome to the Carbon Cub EX forums!

It is my pleasure to welcome you to our new forums, it is my hope that this will be a valuable resource to our kit community and also those who are considering joining us. To all, welcome!

Please let me introduce you to our Kit Program Manager, Mitch Travis. A bit of background: Mitch has been with CubCrafters since 1999 and has held several positions here. He may well be the most versatile staffer we have having worked in manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, and sales at various times. Mitch is also an A&P/IA, did a stint importing Yaks from Russia, and even still owns a Yak 52. He's rebuilt a Maule, a Super Cub, and owned a Champ, a Citabria, a Zlin, a Yak 55, and a Yak 54.

In addition to his duties as Kit Program Manager, and to just to make sure he stays busy, he is also on the CubCrafters R&D Team (our "skunkworks"). As our Kit Program Manager I'm sure you'll find that Mitch is well qualified -- he knows our aircraft inside and out and is therefore the most qualified guy on the planet to help our builders have a successful experience.

We at CubCrafters are pleased to offer a kit program unlike any other available. We understand that superlative factory support is essential which is why we have a dedicated resource such as Mitch available to you, and now this forum. Mitch monitors the forum daily and is here to help. We hope you get involved and leverage the power this forum can provide: communication with the factory, communication with other builders, a place for pre-purchase questions, and a knowledgebase that grows continually.

From all of us at CubCrafters, welcome aboard!
    Randy Lervold

Default Re: Welcome to the Carbon Cub EX forums!

Jim Richmond stopped by my airport in June with the demo plane N155PC. I took it for a spin and was really impressed. About a month later I sold my PA-18-160 and ordered a Carbon Cub kit from the Cub Works.

I completely rebuilt and recovered my PA-18 so am familiar with the time and work involved. I really enjoy projects like this.

I can see that this forum will be valuble duing the build process and appreciate its availability.

I look forward to getting the kit, starting the build and most fall flying the finished Carbon Cub EX.

Dan