Thread: 26" or 29" Bushweels on CC???

Default 26" or 29" Bushweels on CC???

OK, so i've decided to get a Carbon Cub SS, i've picked all the nice accessories i want but i'm stuck on one, the wheels. I can't decide on the 26" or 29" Bushwheels. To be honest i probably won't be doing a ton of back country flying here in the mid-atlantic (MD) and i will be flying off a paved runway most of the time, but i do love the look of big bush wheels. So what do you guys think? Any opinions on each size, pros and cons?? Any help would be great. Thanks

Kyle

Default Re: 26" or 29" Bushweels on CC???

Personally my favorite gear configuration is 26" tires, 3x3 gear and I'm beginning to like the AOSS though the weight increase for the AOSS still makes me hesitate sometimes. I'm not really tall (5' 10") and much higher than that and I have to S-Turn or pick the tail up to see over the nose.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

I have 400 Alaska hours in a Legend Cub with 26's and a hundred in my Sport Cub with 26 inch tires. I have landed on soft sand beaches and softball sized rock strips. The 29's are not necessary unless you want the look. They will wear fairly quickly if you mainly land on paved runways so save the money and go with the 26's.

Thanks guys for the advice, i think i'll go with the 26" tires

Kyle

Good decision 26 inch are the best all round and The analysis by City Rancher is spot on. Best Gary

Quote Originally Posted by glickle View Post
    Good decision 26 inch are the best all round and The analysis by City Rancher is spot on. Best Gary

If you gonna land on pavement a lot , Gary gave me some good advise and had ABW make me a set with extra rubber, I got over 1800 landings( probably 300 on pavement) on my 26s and still weren't showing any threads.
    But my vote is 29s
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Springloaded; 09-17-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    If you gonna land on pavement a lot , Gary gave me some good advise and had ABW make me a set with extra rubber, I got over 1800 landings( probably 300 on pavement) on my 26s and still weren't showing any threads.
    But my vote is 29s
    Very Nice, how do i get some made with extra rubber and how much extra did it cost?

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Gromitvt10 View Post
    Very Nice, how do i get some made with extra rubber and how much extra did it cost?

Kyle
    Just call ABW and ask no additional charge they made me a set of 26s & 29s. Just had to wait a couple of days before they shipped.
    Chuck