Thread: Downtube 2013 FS Folding Bike

Default Downtube 2013 FS Folding Bike

http://www.downtube.com/full_suspens...ding_bike.html

I could not wait around to win the Fubi Titanium folding bike so I found a great substitute, the Downtube FS(Full Suspension) Folding Bike.
    It has an aluminum frame, 9 speed deraillure, 20" tires and an adjustable suspension. The bike weighs in at 27lbs.
    The folded size is 12" x 23.6" x 33" and fits very easily behind the pilot seat of my Sport Cub. It will not fit in the rear baggage area. It takes less than 20 seconds to fold or unfold. No tools are required.
    The ride is very good for a compact bike, though I would not want to go on a fifty mile trek, mainly because of the Velo "love channel" seat. I am an experienced rider but I am not in love with this seat. That will be my first mod.
    The bike retails for $749 but currently it is on sale $549, considerably less than the Fubi.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alex Bell

Default Re: Downtube 2013 FS Folding Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Amazing bike I have to admit. I have owned one of these bikes here in West Palm Beach Towing Service and i have to say its an incredible and durable bike. The good thing about it is I also do all mechanical repairs.
    I have a Jupiter electric bike that does fit in the rear baggage compartment. It too weighs about 27 lbs and costs about $800. It would be perfect if I would lose about 50 lbs, but then a lot of things would be better at 220 lbs.

Default Re: Downtube 2013 FS Folding Bike

Quote Originally Posted by WetCub View Post
    I have a Jupiter electric bike that does fit in the rear baggage compartment. It too weighs about 27 lbs and costs about $800. It would be perfect if I would lose about 50 lbs, but then a lot of things would be better at 220 lbs.
    We also have two Jupiter bikes...they fit perfectly in our float hatches and are a ton of fun! My wife and I love them.