Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Repairman (LSA) Inspection - Airplane

Default Re: Repairman (LSA) Inspection - Airplane

Would Cubcrafters have an additional day dedicated to Cub oriented issues and maintenance?

Possibly. Anything is on the table right now. As an FAA approved program, we would cover all the required subject material for the 16 hr LSA Repairman course , but would focus on the CC11 as much as possible within those constraints. An additional CC11 specific module is definitely in scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Jon Delamarter
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters, Inc.
    jond@cubcrafters.com
    Office (509)367-5200

Please add me to the list for class.

Steven Young
    XCub: CCX-2300-0011
    SPOT X TRACKING: https://maps.findmespot.com/s/09SL

I'm in, too

I am trying to get to a Rainbow course, but would prefer CC11 specific. ASAP

For planning purposes I will say this. I just finished the course with Rainbow in California. If there is a full day of CC specific information, I would be willing to take at least part of the course again and buy in.

Just finished the LSA Repairman Inspection Course at Rainbow Aviation in Corning, CA. Bryan and Carol Carpenter do a great job with a course that covers many flying machines.

Since 85% of the LSA fly with Rotax much of the course deals with issues related to this power plant. Apparently course content is dictated by the FAA and one size fits all.

The FAA may consider "deviations" on course content so it is probably feasible to do a course specific to Cubcrafter aircraft, but it would be a lot of work. Rainbow Aviation is the only source for this course right now and I don't think they have had much experience with the CubCrafter aircraft.

Anyway now on to the FSDO to get my inspection ticket stamped, then I can sign off my hangar queen.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

We've actually discussed a Carbon Cub specific program with them, and they're happy to do it -- and they will travel. But we need a minimum number of participants to make it work, and so far we don't have that level of interest in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hodges View Post
    We've actually discussed a Carbon Cub specific program with them, and they're happy to do it -- and they will travel. But we need a minimum number of participants to make it work, and so far we don't have that level of interest in CA.
    We had 17 in this class with two CC owners. Found out walking out the door after finishing the class that some FSDO's don't like issuing Repairman Inspection tickets to aircraft in an LLC. The want the airplane registration to be listed in a individual's name. Need to understand this better.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    Just finished the LSA Repairman Inspection Course at Rainbow Aviation in Corning, CA. Bryan and Carol Carpenter do a great job with a course that covers many flying machines.

Since 85% of the LSA fly with Rotax much of the course deals with issues related to this power plant. Apparently course content is dictated by the FAA and one size fits all.

The FAA may consider "deviations" on course content so it is probably feasible to do a course specific to Cubcrafter aircraft, but it would be a lot of work. Rainbow Aviation is the only source for this course right now and I don't think they have had much experience with the CubCrafter aircraft.

Anyway now on to the FSDO to get my inspection ticket stamped, then I can sign off my hangar queen.

Just a FYI I have attened this course twice now over a period of three years for two different aircraft as the LSRM cert only applies to the specific aircraft type that you own and I must say its worth every penny . Brain and Carol do a terrfic job and I found out also how much I do not know. The techniques and tips for any type of aircraft repair and inspection are invaluabe even though as Bob poited out its more Rotax oriented. Best Gary