Thread: Missoui River Headwaters State Park; travel advice

Default Missoui River Headwaters State Park; travel advice

I'm planning on touring the upper Missouri River in my carbon cub. I'm from Northwest Missouri and my preliminary plan is to leave there, fly up and over the Black hills, and Mount Rushmore, then swing down to fly alongside the tetons and up past yellowstone to the headwaters of the Missouri River. From there I plan to follow the river downstream, looking at all the lakes on the way home. Does anyone have any advice for me on what to look at, where to land, and what not to do, etc. I"m a flatlander and I don't know anything about flying in the mountains.

Default Re: Missoui River Headwaters State Park; travel advice

Rick: I am very familiar with that area having worked as a biologist all over those rivers in Montana from the actual headwaters in Red Rocks to the confluence of the Missouri and Yellowstone where it dumps into N. Dakota. I'm just in from a week-long trip and will have to catch up but will help you out here before your trip. Ralph Rogers.... I live in the Missouri River Breaks
    Ralph Rogers
    Owner: TheCubWorks
    www.TheCubWorks.com
    CCSS #142 N123MR
    I have always felt the supercub is one thing mankind got right the first time but that there were better materials and methods to build them. CubCrafters products are proof I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Centmont View Post
    Rick: I am very familiar with that area having worked as a biologist all over those rivers in Montana from the actual headwaters in Red Rocks to the confluence of the Missouri and Yellowstone where it dumps into N. Dakota. I'm just in from a week-long trip and will have to catch up but will help you out here before your trip. Ralph Rogers.... I live in the Missouri River Breaks
    That sounds great! I'll look forward to hearing from you soon. We are planning to head that direction week after next and I want to find out all I can before we leave.
    Thanks!

Rick,

i have flown the Missouri River many times. The section from Fort Benton to Glasgow or Fort Peck is where you want to take your time. This is the section including the White Cliffs and Missouri Breaks. If you want to talk give me a call 775 781 1721.

Mike Bradford

I visited Missouri River once with my family. It is really a wonderful place to spend your vacation with family. The natural beauty always attract I hired a travel guide and he help us lot. I think ask to nearby travel agent about more details and Google the places near to Missouri.