Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would like to introduce myself, and the new CubCrafters Store.

Smile I would like to introduce myself, and the new CubCrafters Store.

Hello Everyone,

I am the new Parts and Accessories Manager here at CubCrafters. I have been an A&P since 1995, but spent a bit of time away from aviation while owning and operating a Ducati Motorcycle dealership in Bend Oregon. My wife and I closed the dealership in 2010, and I returned to aircraft. Last summer I worked in Naknek Alaska doing maintenance on Beavers, Otters, Cessnas, and Cubs. I am also a private pilot, which gave me the opportunity to explore the Alaska Peninsula in my employers beat up old Tri-Pacer. It was a great experience, but I am happy to now be flying our almost new Sport Cub.

CubCrafters is a great company and I am having a great time getting to know our aircraft. Over the next few months I hope to bring you easier access to everything we have, as well as new parts and accessories that you won't be able to go without.
    The first step in this has been our Web Store.

Intoducing (insert drum roll), store.cubcrafters.com

We consider this the Beta 1.0 version of our web store. It works, there is stuff there to purchase, and it is not too hard to find what you want. But, it is not 100% of what my vision for our store is. I am already working on a 2.0 version, it will be awhile, but you guys will be the first to know.

I have been busy trying to get all of our STC's, Service Bulletin Kits, and Upgrade Kits in the store. Many of them are there now, and I try to add a few new items everyday. Take a look around, buy some stuff if you would like. If you have any questions about the store, or advice on what to purchase, send me an e-mail or give me a call.

David Bingham, Parts and Accessories Manager, CubCrafters

Default Re: I would like to introduce myself, and the new CubCrafters Store.

We'll get a mug shot for David's avatar.

David's arrival here has been a long time coming, and we're happy to welcome him. He mentioned that he will make new must-have parts and accessories available. If you can suggest unique items that enhance your backcountry flying experience, drop an email to David: david.bingham@cubcrafters.com.

You're right; this has been a long time coming, but so far, it looks AWESOME!!! I think it will generate a lot of interest both from our Owners and the dealer network. KUDOS!!!!

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB. View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am the new Parts and Accessories Manager here at CubCrafters. I have been an A&P since 1995, but spent a bit of time away from aviation while owning and operating a Ducati Motorcycle dealership in Bend Oregon. My wife and I closed the dealership in 2010, and I returned to aircraft. Last summer I worked in Naknek Alaska doing maintenance on Beavers, Otters, Cessnas, and Cubs. I am also a private pilot, which gave me the opportunity to explore the Alaska Peninsula in my employers beat up old Tri-Pacer. It was a great experience, but I am happy to now be flying our almost new Sport Cub.

CubCrafters is a great company and I am having a great time getting to know our aircraft. Over the next few months I hope to bring you easier access to everything we have, as well as new parts and accessories that you won't be able to go without.
    The first step in this has been our Web Store.

Intoducing (insert drum roll), store.cubcrafters.com

We consider this the Beta 1.0 version of our web store. It works, there is stuff there to purchase, and it is not too hard to find what you want. But, it is not 100% of what my vision for our store is. I am already working on a 2.0 version, it will be awhile, but you guys will be the first to know.

I have been busy trying to get all of our STC's, Service Bulletin Kits, and Upgrade Kits in the store. Many of them are there now, and I try to add a few new items everyday. Take a look around, buy some stuff if you would like. If you have any questions about the store, or advice on what to purchase, send me an e-mail or give me a call.

David Bingham, Parts and Accessories Manager, CubCrafters
    Hello David,
    My Carbon Cub is an E-LSA. Can I use the gap seal kit?
    Cheers
    Alan Maurer #183
    Alan Maurer
    Carbon Cub #183
    Sarasota, FL

Quote Originally Posted by armaurer View Post
    Hello David,
    My Carbon Cub is an E-LSA. Can I use the gap seal kit?
    Cheers
    Alan Maurer #183
    http://store.cubcrafters.com/Gap-Sea...SA_p_1296.html

The one here is what you need. I have plenty in stock and can ship it first thing Monday if you would like.

David

Great start on the store. One suggestion. You might consider adding hyperlinks in the store to parts you do not stock in the CubCrafter Store unique to the CubCrafter aircraft which are available on Aircraft Spruce. I am thinking about things like hardware, paint, covering supplies, ect. Might even be able to work out some kind of "click through" business arrangement with Aircraft Spruce for the service, just like Amazon does.

Good luck.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    Great start on the store. One suggestion. You might consider adding hyperlinks in the store to parts you do not stock in the CubCrafter Store unique to the CubCrafter aircraft which are available on Aircraft Spruce. I am thinking about things like hardware, paint, covering supplies, ect. Might even be able to work out some kind of "click through" business arrangement with Aircraft Spruce for the service, just like Amazon does.

Good luck.
    That may work. There are actually 100's of parts in the store that really can only be found if you have the part number. Many of those parts are stuff that come from outside suppliers and our used in the production of our aircraft. I am working to develop a better way to catalog these parts. What you will eventually see is an Illustrated Parts Catalog that hyperlinks the parts drawing to the part. So if you need a part of two, you find it, click it, buy it. You don't even need to know what it's called. I have played around with linking our existing catalog, and it would work, but not well and with no way to update except to redo it every time we make our airplanes better. Figuring this out is at the top of my to do list for the store.
    For the time being, myself or Vera would be happy to help you find the part number you need. We can even add it to an existing shopping cart for you. Sort of a half online half phone shopping experience.

David

Another suggestion for the store: add a link to take you back to cubcrafters.com, or add the consistent nav framework at the bottom of the pages that are on cubcrafters.com would be even better.

Regards,
    Tony

Can I get replacement cowl screws?

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by carlconti View Post
    Can I get replacement cowl screws?

Carl
    http://store.cubcrafters.com/Sport-C...Kit_p_874.html

Carl,

Here is a selection of everything you need. If you would like individual screws, send me and email and I will sell you some.
    I strongly recommend the screw kit though. It is always best to have what you need on hand when you need it.

David