Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Service Bulletin 25 (SB00025)

Default Service Bulletin Revised Part Numbers now in the web store and shipping.

I have revised the part numbers in the web store to reflect the revisions to SB00025. If you have already ordered, no further action is necessary, I have looked up each aircraft and verified you are being shipped the correct kit.

For Sport Cubs with O200 engines that have an analog gauge for oil temp and pressure please order the -005 kit

For Sport Cubs and Carbon Cubs that have a digital oil pressure gauge, such as is found in or Dynon panels order the -001 kit.

For Carbon Cubs that have a analog oil pressure and temperature gauge order the -003 kit.

We will accept phone orders as always, but are really encouraging owners to use the web store. I would like to thank everyone who has registered and purchased parts through our online ordering. It really helps Vera and I focus on improving our parts systems and bringing you new and improved products, as well as freeing up phone time to assist customers that have complicated parts needs.

David

Default Re: Service Bulletin 25 (SB00025)

Any one else feel that Cubcrafters could offer a detailed list and description of these parts, so that we owners could buy these components locally. For two reasons, convenience and cost savings. What is the actual OEM cost for these parts? Does anyone else feel that making a profit from parts to repair a shortcoming caused by the same party sold you your airplane is fair and ethical? Especially considering the quantity of SB's do to poor engineering or corner cutting.
    Let's see some replacement parts for these SB's at OEM cost or help direct owners to shop at a vendor of their choice. That would be good customer support which could actually enhance Cubcrafters reputation in a positive direction, and leave the customer not feeling so negative about all these SB's.
    Win-Win

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Any one else feel that Cubcrafters could offer a detailed list and description of these parts, so that we owners could buy these components locally. For two reasons, convenience and cost savings. What is the actual OEM cost for these parts? Does anyone else feel that making a profit from parts to repair a shortcoming caused by the same party sold you your airplane is fair and ethical? Especially considering the quantity of SB's do to poor engineering or corner cutting.
    Let's see some replacement parts for these SB's at OEM cost or help direct owners to shop at a vendor of their choice. That would be good customer support which could actually enhance Cubcrafters reputation in a positive direction, and leave the customer not feeling so negative about all these SB's.
    Win-Win
    In the Service Bulletin they give the full part number. No reason you can't order the stuff from Aircraft Spruce if you want to. Everything in the parts list appears to be regular aircraft hardware. Nothing unique to CubCrafters that I can see.

All in all I think CubCrafters is doing an excellent job at product support.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Win-Win
    Greg,

I believe the parts are well detailed in the SB (LINK) if you'd care to fabricate your own flex line, though I believe there is at least one machined proprietary part in there. Indeed we are marking up the parts a bit though I'd be willing to bet that our mark-up is smaller than the majors (Beech, Cessna, Cirrus, Piper). Frankly, we need some way of covering the engineering overhead for developing and disseminating this information.

Regarding faulty design, copper line for oil pressure and other functions is a well accepted standard practice in aircraft systems and has been used since the beginning of time. Indeed we have had some failures though, hence the change. We are doing our best to support our fleet and we intend to continue that both for the safety of our customers and also the value of the aircraft.

I'd be happy to speak further with you about this if you'd care to give me a ring, 509-248-9491.

Blue skies,
    Randy Lervold

Having owned Beech and Piper aircraft most of my adult life, I would second Randy's remarks.

Not that I want to encourage Randy to raise prices, but a kit like this for my last airplane, a Piper Meridian turboprop, would doubtless have been thousands rather than hundreds of dollars.

A developer and manufacturer deserves a reasonable return on the investment.

Regards,

Carl

The "Add To Cart" link in the store won't work for me. Trying to order the SB00025-001-K kit and the link gives a message "This page can't be displayed" for the kit (or anything else I try to order).
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Smile Re: Service Bulletin 25 (SB00025)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    The "Add To Cart" link in the store won't work for me. Trying to order the SB00025-001-K kit and the link gives a message "This page can't be displayed" for the kit (or anything else I try to order).
    I have had several orders today, and also several messages telling me the site is not working.
    Tech support from our provider is closed for the holiday weekend, so I can't do anything right now.

These things usually fix themselves, or rather just start working again once some server somewhere is done doing whatever it has to do and restarts. You can try again tomorrow or Monday, if it still does not work, I will be happy to take your order the old fashioned way on Tuesday.