Thread: Struts

Default Struts

My three year old CC has polished aluminum struts that are beginning to look bad. Probably from the bugs smashed on them.
    i tried some Brasso but it did not touch the discoloration.
    what do you recommend to polish the struts?
    i would prefer not to use a buffer or any mechanical polisher if possible although I am sure that would work.
    Bill

Cool Re: Struts

Bill,
    California Custom has a product they call Purple Stuff...no joke. It comes with an aluminum de-oxidizer which you use first, then you apply the Purple Stuff. I use it on my Bonanza spinner. VERY, VERY easy to use. Absolutely NO buffing required! Aluminum comes out very bright...have the sunglasses handy.

Dick

Default Re: Struts

We struggled with the same thing until we found Nuvite, which has a series of polishers from gritty to fine. Start with the coarse grade, them move to the finer grades for finish work. It's not cheap, but its the best available.

Default Re: Struts

Quote Originally Posted by John Hodges View Post
    We struggled with the same thing until we found Nuvite, which has a series of polishers from gritty to fine. Start with the coarse grade, them move to the finer grades for finish work. It's not cheap, but its the best available.
    I second the Nuvite product. Used it many times with good results!