Thread: Spokane Area Cubs?

Default Spokane Area Cubs?

Hi everybody, my name is Matt. I recently found out about Cub Crafters in a magazine. I visited the website and it was love at first sight. I've never considered building an airplane until I found out about the CCEX and this forum. I am completely intriqued and hope to be able to build one someday.

I am a C-130 pilot in the Air Force, stationed in Florida. I am currently deployed, but will be returning to the states in a couple weeks. I will be in the Spokane area the second week of July and am curious if there are any cub owners around there who would be willing to show off their cub to a wannabe builder. I don't know if my timeline will allow me to get out to the factory, but that is something I would also like to do.

I've lurked on the forum a few weeks before registering. I have to say this seems like an awesome community of flying enthusiasts - another reason I would like to build a cub.

Anyway, I wanted to say Hi and I'll keep digging on the forum to keep the embers glowing until I get to build one of my own.

God Bless,
    Matt

Default Re: Spokane Area Cubs?

Hi, Matt;
    Welcome to the CubCrafters Forum! I'm Chip Allen, and along with my partner, John Moreland (who lives in Central Florida), we are the CubCrafters dealers for the southeast U.S. We have a 2013 Carbon Cub SS which we show off at fly-ins, airshows, and demo flights around our territory. If there's anything we can do to help keep those "embers glowing", please feel free to get in touch with us. At your convenience, we would enjoy taking you flying in this great airplane. We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for your service!
    Kind Regards,

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Matt, I believe we have at least two builders in the Spokane area, check with Mitch Travis for some contact info if you like.... mitch@cubcrafters.com.
    Randy Lervold

Chip/Randy,

Thanks for the info.

I did some tailwheel training when I was in college in a SuperCub. I remember it being one of my favorite planes to fly. This looks like just as much, if not more fun.

Matt

Matt - I just finished my CCEX and am in the process of test flying it. I keep it at my house which is about 20 miles NW of Spokane, your welcome to come look at it if you want. email me at roblinford@divcoec.com if your interested. On floats, no tail wheel. Or if you just want to see the build pics they are at www.mycarboncubex.shutterfly.com

Rob Linford

Rob,

Thanks for the offer. I'd definitely be interested in looking at it. I'll email you when I get back stateside and we can set up a time.

Matt