Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Boy Buying Carbon SS

Cool New Boy Buying Carbon SS

Just wanted to introduce myself. Just ordered a new Carbon Cub SS from Ben (California Cubs- Cubcrafter Dealer) in California. it's #283, to be delivered Sept. 18, 2013. After owning a mint J3 for a couple of years, I flew a friends Carbon Cub SS and you know the rest. Will base the Cub at Thermal, CA. at my hanger. The N number will be 122YY (as reserved by FAA). I have a civil aviation background since I soloed at 14 in a sailplane in Tehachapi, Ca., taught Lufthansa Pilots for 15 years in Arizona for PSA Airlines, and currently am a Captain at United on the B767/757 in LAX.
    I look forward to meeting folks here and learning about the Carbon Cub SS.

Thank You

Steven Young
    Last edited by Steve Y; 06-13-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Default Re: New Boy Buying Carbon SS

Welcome aboard Steve! I hope you find these forums to be a valuable resource, if you take the time to search there's quite a bit of information here. If not just post a question and we'll all do the best we can.
    Randy Lervold

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Y View Post
    I look forward to meeting folks here and learning about the Carbon Cub SS.
    Hi Steve,
    Grab your friend and join a group of Carbon Cub owners at a picturesque ranch in the mountains outside of Santa Barbara on the 18th. We're expecting around 10 Carbon Cubs, so it's a great opportunity to see a wide variety of airplanes (including the Darth Vader mystery ship) and to learn from each owner. There will be a technical/product update, along with flying tips from Ben. Hope you can make it!
    John

Flew the 757 right over the factory twice going into SEA this week end. Would have said hi if they had a radio? What a concept to be flying a nice jet and looking down wishing you were flying your new Carbon Cub....Darn pilots are never satisfied!

Getting excited about watching the cool cameras for my #283 to show up! This is really neat that CubCrafters offers this for us enthusiastic buyers! Of course all my friends are watching too. Since the image resolution is just barely too low to see the number on the tail , can someone tie a red rag on my tail when it does show, so we can identify it?
    I know, I go too far.

Thanks for the cameras CubCrafters... Great Stuff!

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve Y; 07-02-2013 at 10:00 AM.

For reference, as of now (10:20 am 07/02/13), that webcam shows CC11-100 S/N 00281 on the left, and CC18-180 S/N 0065 on the right. That puts your aircraft two rotations away from the pre-cover station.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Sloon View Post
    For reference, as of now (10:20 am 07/02/13), that webcam shows CC11-100 S/N 00281 on the left, and CC18-180 S/N 0065 on the right. That puts your aircraft two rotations away from the pre-cover station.

Neat! Thank You !

Steve

The new CarbonCub webcams have a high enough resolution so that you can see the number on the white paper they attach to the tail.... I know: I watched mine (#248) on an HOURLY basis as it got near the end... so I know exactly how you feel. Ill give you another tip: you can right ciick on the image and Save it to your computer; I have pictures all the way thru!
    Rick

The nice Brenda at CubCrafters just informed me my Fuselage is out being "POWER COATED" .

Question: What is Power Coating- Spray Painted right? Not POWDER Coated I'm sure? What kind of paint
    is being used?

Thanks in advance

Steve

All our airframe fuselages are POWDER COATED. It's a very tough finish that protects from all kinds of corrosion.