Thread: Record Attempt - Carbon Cub would be a better choice than Cessna 172

Default Record Attempt - Carbon Cub would be a better choice than Cessna 172

Happened upon this article about some guys looking at beating the endurance record, 64 days 22 hours. For some reason they are looking at a Cessna 172, seems to me a Carbon Cub would be a lot better and safer for the low and slow refueling.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/14/flight-endurance-record-attempt/2080991/

Default Re: Record Attempt - Carbon Cub would be a better choice than Cessna 172

Yeah, a Carbon Cub with 44gal tanks and a 50 gal auxiliary tank equipped with a pump -- with a similarly equipped Carbon Cub tanker. Piece of cake.

Default Re: Record Attempt - Carbon Cub would be a better choice than Cessna 172

No room to sleep or pop in CC

Quote Originally Posted by reileyr View Post
    No room to sleep or pop in CC
    I have no idea of the rules for this particular record. If the pilots cannot actually leave the aircraft, it would pose a bit of a problem, guess you could build some special seats with a poop chute out the bottom of the plane or a holding tank. Sitting on a toilet for over 2 months might be a whole different record!

Rowe, NM; St. George Island, FL; Montgomery, AL

Quote Originally Posted by SinOjos View Post
    I have no idea of the rules for this particular record. If the pilots cannot actually leave the aircraft, it would pose a bit of a problem, guess you could build some special seats with a poop chute out the bottom of the plane or a holding tank. Sitting on a toilet for over 2 months might be a whole different record!
    Yer legs would fall asleep. Ask me how I know!

Jim