Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended Baggage

Default Extended Baggage

Yesterday I had the pleasure of touring the factory with Mitch Travis,Wow, what a class act(both Mitch and the factory),anyway,Mitch convinced me to order the extended baggage option. I was a little wishy washy on the decision, but decided to go ahead with it. After sleeping on it,I seem to be unsure of the decision and would like some feedback before the ship goes to production. Anyone who has the extended baggage option or even those who regret not ordering it,I would like to hear from you all. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Extended Baggage

Quote Originally Posted by Cubster View Post
    Anyone who has the extended baggage option or even those who regret not ordering it,I would like to hear from you all.
    Got it. Like it. Don't see any reason to hesitate getting the option.
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Got it. Like it. Don't see any reason to hesitate getting the option.
    If you ever plan to camp or travel with anyone it's a no brainer, enjoy.

The Extended Baggage kit is really well made. Pre-drilled/cut panels as well as the carbon fiber door and frame is all very precise. Went in without any trimming.
    I agree with Charles and TC...if you're going to do any cross country flying, specially if you have a passenger along, you'll appreciate the extra room.
    The main thing about the ext. baggage in my opinion is the door. With the standard baggage but no door, I've got to think it makes it pretty difficult to access the baggage space you have.

Hola:

Is the Extended Baggage option available for a plane after I have purchased it?

Thanks
    Gustavo

Senior Member Warren Aircraft LLC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The Extended Baggage kit is really well made. Pre-drilled/cut panels as well as the carbon fiber door and frame is all very precise. Went in without any trimming.
    I agree with Charles and TC...if you're going to do any cross country flying, specially if you have a passenger along, you'll appreciate the extra room.
    The main thing about the ext. baggage in my opinion is the door. With the standard baggage but no door, I've got to think it makes it pretty difficult to access the baggage space you have.
    Paul, are you building a kit or are you doing a retro fitting on a Carbon Cub without an extended baggage?
    Scot Warren - Member / President
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana

Hey Scot,
    I'm building a CCEX. Got it ordered last year at Sun 'n Fun. Started the build in September. It's going well...as well as can be expected for the amount of time I'm travelling. Wings and fuselage are ready for covering now.

Senior Member Warren Aircraft LLC's Avatar

Thanks Paul,

Gustavo, it can probably be done but, very expensive, Paul is building an experimental and is talking about installing an extended baggage kit on an air-frame without fabric on it. (correct me if Im wrong Paul).
    Scot Warren - Member / President
    Warren Aircraft™ LLC
    940-367-0929
    scot@warrenaircraft.com
    www.warrenaircraft.com

Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana

That's correct Scot, all the work has to be done pre-covering. It would not be a fun job to retrofit the extended baggage in. Cubcrafters may be able to come up with a way for you to insert a baggage door, Gustavo, but it would involve taking your fabric off and installing the door frame and fabric extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    That's correct Scot, all the work has to be done pre-covering. It would not be a fun job to retrofit the extended baggage in. Cubcrafters may be able to come up with a way for you to insert a baggage door, Gustavo, but it would involve taking your fabric off and installing the door frame and fabric extensions.
    Correct. The only way to add the extended baggage is to uncover the fuselage. Typically not practical unless there is some other repair work being done.

The extended baggage side access door is not compatible with the standard baggage.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc