EX builders,

I flew out to YKM last week and spent two days on the floor watching CarbonCubs getting assembled. I had finished my left wing and wanted to see how the fuselage went together. I also had some lingering questions on my build. The guys on the floor are awesome. I asked tons of questions, saw some great techniques, learned a ton that will speed up my build by 20-30 hours on the fuselage alone. (first time builder and not an A&P) The guys went out of their way to show me some things to look out for that should prevent some mistakes and get a better looking plane. (and cut down on Mitch's phone bill)

The cover shop guys made it look so easy, I am not apprehensive anymore and will do my own covering. (not sure about painting myself yet) They showed me some cool tricks to get great results on the covering process. (bring a camera...I took a bunch of pics and video to augment the manual)

One of the guys on the floor is building his own EX had had some good tips. The production steps and the build manual are different so just be aware of that. I thought this trip was invaluable. I would recommend going out and spending a few days if possible. I got some great answers as to why things are done a certain way to fill in some blanks from the manual. I may go out again once I get deep into the fuselage build or when ready to cover.

Mitch took good care of me and let me use the courtesy car. I cant thank them enough.

Jake