Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sensenich Composite Prop Official Update

Default Re: Sensenich Composite Prop Official Update

Although I am very happy with my prop and Sensenich's service I have to admit to some concern regarding the fact that there seems to be several operators that have required replacement hubs, for various reasons, including myself. Does anyone else find this a tad dicconcerning?

I agree totally. Sensenich has been great, but I, too, am very concerned about the hub problems. I think what Chip recommended makes the most sense : determine your mission and for the most part stay with the cartridge that fits your mission changing only for special circumstances. I continue to enjoy the 48 for my type of flying.
    Ken

I received the new replacement prop and hub from Sensenich and I am very happy to report the vibration is gone. In addition I have my 46 cartridge back and in the 19+ kt gusty variable wind today with an advanced tail wheel student it was like a helio! We took off from the hold short line at an angle and was off before the runway with only one notch of flaps! By the end of an hour my TW student was sweaty and tired but no longer afraid of the wind! Isn't life great!

Between the hi-performance exhaust and the composite prop we are back to being an awesome "state of the art" sport cub with 497.6 hrs!

Interesting that the new prop was painted white with red tips see below picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by couleeone View Post
    I received the new replacement prop and hub from Sensenich and I am very happy to report the vibration is gone. In addition I have my 46 cartridge back and in the 19+ kt gusty variable wind today with an advanced tail wheel student it was like a helio! We took off from the hold short line at an angle and was off before the runway with only one notch of flaps! By the end of an hour my TW student was sweaty and tired but no longer afraid of the wind! Isn't life great!

Between the hi-performance exhaust and the composite prop we are back to being an awesome "state of the art" sport cub with 497.6 hrs!

Interesting that the new prop was painted white with red tips see below picture.
    From Sensenich: "We are changing the finish system on the blades from paint to gelcoat for improved appearance and durability. The standard color for the props will be white with red tips. We will have black and red colors also available by request."
    Becky Teerink

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Teerink View Post
    From Sensenich: "We are changing the finish system on the blades from paint to gelcoat for improved appearance and durability. The standard color for the props will be white with red tips. We will have black and red colors also available by request."
    I just found out about this and contacted Charlie about exchanging the white for a black with white or red tips.

I am in the pricess of buying a 07 sport cub ELSA and having the 4 into none exhaust installed plus having new cylinders ported and polished with 9.5: 1 pistons installed all of which should yield around 120HP. I will have the ground adjustable prop installed and would like some input on the cartridges I should install. Part of the time it will be operated on 1500 Bauman fixed floats and always be operated on wheels or floats in Anchorage, Alaska which is at sea level with good density conditions. I would appreciate any input. Also does anyone know when the 76" ground adjustable sensenich will be on the market. I would sure like that one. Thanks

You must be the buyer of BB, congratulations! that was a heck of a good buy! I own an S1 serial # 6. I have upgraded to the performance exhaust and the sensenich composite prop.

On floats I would recommend the 46 pitch climb cartridge it has amazing thrust and performance but easy to redline. With that 46 pitch I recently achieved the shortest takeoff in a super cub STOL contest with a 55 ft takeoff! I really love flying my sport cub and I am rolling over 600 hours on the tach.

With the engine mods you will have an amazing performer!

To see some of my adventures check out my blog on my website at www.couleeairservices.com

Welcome to the cubcrafters family!

geo

You are correct. It is BB and I am looking forward to getting it to Alaska. I have inquired of Sensenich to find out when their 76" will be available. Have been told that with the extra HP that i might want the 48" or even maybe the 50". I will experiment. thanks for the info. A.C.

That is correct, with the extra HP those guys run the 48 and 50 pitches.

48 is probably best as this will give 2600-2650 rpm in climb. 46 will be too easy to redline.