Thread: Garmin Pilot Android/iPad app

Default Garmin Pilot Android/iPad app

Considering Garmin Pilot on your Android or iPad (or Foreflight on the iPad only) ?

I just noticed when I was downloading an update that Garmin is having a "Flying Season Special - $50/Year for the Basic App"

This was in the Apple App Store, haven't checked the Google Play store but probably the same price. I think that is something like $30 or $50 off the normal price.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

Default Re: Garmin Pilot Android/iPad app

Pete-

Tough choices. I went with ForeFlight because I was only going to use one type of device. The iPad with a GPS antenna is a great platform for ForeFlight. ForeFlight is $75/yr which isn't that much more compared to some of the others. The most important thing is that it does what you want it to do when you need it.

Have fun.
    John

Default Re: Garmin Pilot Android/iPad app

I have been running both Garmin Pilot and Foreflight on an iPad for almost the last year. I tend to gravitate toward Foreflight as there are some things it has that Garmin Pilot doesn't (yet?) have.

For example, Foreflight had the NOTAM for KOSH in it last year and you can download things like the FAR/AIM etc for free! It really saves you a ton of time.

Garmin Pilot may do those things too, but so far I have not explored it any deeper than VFR charts and I know it does AFD information and IFR stuff.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc