Ok, y'all did a great job on the landings...

Now, how about down-wind takeoffs? My little strip out here (which isn't all that little) looks to be pretty much usually a downwind takeoff. The choice is either takeoff down wind...or take off up hill...and we are talking a height gain of probably 90 feet in 1500 feet...or pretty darn steep. My VW bug will get up to around 30 mph coasting down the hill.

So, the POH says that at 70 degrees and 7200 feet, with a 15 mph tailwind, the takeoff run at gross is right at 600-650 feet. I've got 1500 feet with no important obstacles beyond that (the junipers are probably 10-15 feet high...and they continue to "fall off" into the valley. Add the down hill aspect, and I betcha I will beat that.

Based on the numbers, it looks like a no-brainer. I would plan on keeping the tail down and doing the "soft field" takeoff...to keep directional control early in the run, but of course, given the gobs of power we have (even at this altitude) that is probably a meaningless concern.

Comments? There are no CC instructors out here...and our airplane is sufficiently unique that a typical SuperCub guy is not all that useful.

Thanks in advance.

Jim