Thread: Autopilot servo bracket replacement

Default Autopilot servo bracket replacement

I attemptd to replace the servo stop bracket and could not find a way to get the scews out of the servo holding the old bracket. It looks like the screws have a small hex head , but could not get an allen wrench on it. I can barely get my fingers into the area. Can anyone give me some advice on how they changed the bracket. I was getting spoiled with the autopilot. Never had one that worked as well. I certainly would like to get it back in service.

Default Re: Autopilot servo bracket replacement

Quote Originally Posted by docron.ski View Post
    I attemptd to replace the servo stop bracket and could not find a way to get the scews out of the servo holding the old bracket. It looks like the screws have a small hex head , but could not get an allen wrench on it. I can barely get my fingers into the area. Can anyone give me some advice on how they changed the bracket. I was getting spoiled with the autopilot. Never had one that worked as well. I certainly would like to get it back in service.
    Yeh, a small Allen wrench, forget which size, probably .050. And lots of patience, with a lighted mirror and getting your fingers in the right place. Typical working on an airplane stuff. I actually had more trouble installing the bracket than taking it off, and ended up sticking the screws and washers to the Allen wrench with torque seal to hold them while I got the screws started.
    Last edited by Charles; 09-04-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA