Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Converting to E-LSA

Default Re: Converting to E-LSA

Did I see somewhere in here that under ELSA the placarded engine rpm/Altitudes on the 340 Carbon cub would not apply? thought I saw that comment from Jim ,but couldnt find it again. Thanks, Royce

I have been thinking about buying a Carbon Cub but I want the advantages of the Experimental and i simply do not have time to build an Experimental. Thus based on preceding threads it appears as though a less time consuming process would be to purchase a Carbon Cub and then pay the factory to convert to a Experimental. is that correct? if so what mods would be recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyroyce View Post
    Did I see somewhere in here that under ELSA the placarded engine rpm/Altitudes on the 340 Carbon cub would not apply? thought I saw that comment from Jim ,but couldnt find it again. Thanks, Royce
    It is still an LSA and so the 80 hp continuous rating still applies.
    Randy Lervold

Quote Originally Posted by ZEBRA1ZULU View Post
    I have been thinking about buying a Carbon Cub but I want the advantages of the Experimental and i simply do not have time to build an Experimental. Thus based on preceding threads it appears as though a less time consuming process would be to purchase a Carbon Cub and then pay the factory to convert to a Experimental. is that correct? if so what mods would be recommended?
    If you purchase a new Carbon Cub SS and we do the ELSA conversion there is no charge. It can be converted any time down the road also but a DAR will charge you $300-500. That said, it is still an LSA and still has a categtory requisite gross weight of 1,320 lbs. If you want a higher gross weight they you'll need to build a kit which would then be certified as Experimental - Amatuer Built (E-AB). We recommend the gross weight in that case to be 1,865. If you don't want to build yourself there are builders around who will do it for you, call if you'd like to discuss this option.
    Randy Lervold

Thank you Randy,
    Are there other mods I could add if built as a Experimental? Does it have to be built as a LSA-Experimental-could it be built as a (standard??) Experimental by the builders?

Smile Re: Converting to E-LSA

After building 37 aircraft I can tell you that each one is special because each person has different desires.

With all the respect to CubCrafters and their fine aircraft, if you build your own or consider buying an Experimental from someone like me opens up the things you can do to make it YOURS. Starting with the best is a great start, HOWEVER to steel a quote "you must pay the freight" both time and cost.

CC does a VERY good job!

Noel
    406 366 4638

Quote Originally Posted by TheCubWorks View Post
    After building 37 aircraft I can tell you that each one is special because each person has different desires.

With all the respect to CubCrafters and their fine aircraft, if you build your own or consider buying an Experimental from someone like me opens up the things you can do to make it YOURS. Starting with the best is a great start, HOWEVER to steel a quote "you must pay the freight" both time and cost.

CC does a VERY good job!

Noel
    406 366 4638
    Thank you. I would like to investigate the 'freight cost'. How might one do that?

Call me 1-406-366-4638

Noel Simmons (the Freight Delivery Boy)

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Teerink View Post
    I was just reminded - an E-LSA aircraft cannot be used for flight instruction.
    It can. After the test period is flown off - an E-LSA can be used for flight instruction - that assumes the empty weight still allows for two people and fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan View Post
    It can. After the test period is flown off - an E-LSA can be used for flight instruction - that assumes the empty weight still allows for two people and fuel.
    Please explain?

Geo