Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Radio noise

Default Re: Radio noise

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Great! Yeh, I'm down to 40 now and can back off a little more. I'll try 35.
    Okay, I'm back at it - have been successfully using a Mic 1 Level of 35 with my Bose A20 headset - this works really well. But I just picked up a Lightspeed Zulu.2 and I have too much noise when I transmit at high power settings. Since the Lightspeed has adjustable mike sensitivity I'd like to cut that back to match the Bose instead of further adjusting the SL40. Does anyone have experience adjusting the Lightspeed mike sensitivity? Is there a systematic way to do it?
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Okay, I'm back at it - have been successfully using a Mic 1 Level of 35 with my Bose A20 headset - this works really well. But I just picked up a Lightspeed Zulu.2 and I have too much noise when I transmit at high power settings. Since the Lightspeed has adjustable mike sensitivity I'd like to cut that back to match the Bose instead of further adjusting the SL40. Does anyone have experience adjusting the Lightspeed mike sensitivity? Is there a systematic way to do it?
    I believe Gary Lickle has done some adjusting of the LightSpeed Zulu 1 mics. There was a post here somewhere about it and he is a regular here so will probably chime in.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Good call Pete yes I am here! Also yes I posted awhile ago that the Zulus have a gain adjustment on the Mic itself ( Bose does not) and is a cross screw head located under the black cap on the Mic after removing the wind muff. Its definately trial and error. But take a jewlers cross/phillips head screwdriver up with you and just tweak it either way 1/4 per adjustemnt till you get a gain adjustment that stops the triggering of the mike. Thats also done after you set you Side tone to 0 and Mic to 35 on the SL40 and do it under full power. It all works very well. Best Gary

This is from Light Speed Manual

1. Remove the windscreen from the mic.
    2. Note the small, round, black, plastic nub on the back side of the mic and pop it off.
    3. You should now see a trim pot. Using the small phillips screwdriver, turn the trim pot to adjust the mic gain.
      -Turning clockwise (when facing the adjustment) turns the gain down.
      -Counter clockwise increases the gain
    Last edited by glickle; 04-30-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks Gary! I'll report back how it goes.
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA