Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acquiring a Cubcrafter?

Default Re: Acquiring a Cubcrafter?

Howdy, If you get to Payson and would like to see a Carbon Cub first hand, I have one down in Carefree AZ at skyranch. . Any excuse to go flying ,and theres a good breakfast place at Payson airport. Let me know. Royce

Royce, the expression "Does a bear crap in the woods" come to mind in response to an offer of a flight!

That would be an enormous pleasure - I will be in touch just as soon as we surface from the chaos of moving homes!

Best wishes,

Paul

Hey Paul, Stefanie and I live south in Cochise County AZ and currently house our Top Cub and Grumman Tiger at Benson E95, 144NM straight line. Anyway, we started out looking at the Carbon Cub, but only got to fly the Sport Cub. It was a real nice aircraft, but we still wanted the performance of the Carbon Cub. How did we end up with a Top Cub? Well, it turns out that a Carbon Cub with modest size tundra tires forces the Carbon Cub into the LSA experimental class. Our purchase would be for business use, and the experimental class may not be used in the "furtherance of business" so we had to consider a standard type certification like the Top Cub. It just so happened that serial number 0001 was on the market, and we had to make the purchase before the end of 2009, so we snatched her up. We could not be happier! She is not quite the performance of the Carbon Cub, but here at 3,800' she jumps off the ground in maybe 100 feet max and climbs at 1200/min or better with half fuel and 450lbs of people on board. We call her our Calendar Girl as she is on the front of this years CC's calandar. Without the business use, I would have probably stayed with the Carbon Cub, but without having flown one or not having considered any other ramifications of LSA Experimentals, I cannot say for sure.

I, too, am interested in acquiring a Top Cub. Presently I own a pristine Bonanza, but I need/want a more fun flying machine. Been working with my local rep. The only real problem is finding a good home for the Bonanza. I did Alaska and back in the Bonanza, so I will, naturally, want to do Alaska and back in the Top Cub. It is a great trip for those who haven't done it.

I have a friend that is looking for a Bonanza. Can you send me some info?

Quote Originally Posted by mspenc45 View Post
    I have a friend that is looking for a Bonanza. Can you send me some info?
    You bet. Give me an email address and I'll get the photos and spec sheet off to you. My local rep has this same info so I presume CubCrafters has it too. But, maybe not.

Rathere than post it for, well who knows, give Becky a call at CC and she can give it to you.

I will be flying into Greenville, SC on Oct 17th. If any CubCrafters in the area I would like to meet and talk with you.

Arnold Bronson
    505-239-5621

Thumbs up Re: Acquiring a Cubcrafter?

Hi, Arnold;

I am the dealer for the Carolinas, and we have several Sport Cubs (and one Carbon Cub SS) in North and South Carolina. When it gets a bit closer, give me a call and I'll make arrangements for you to see and fly a Sport Cub. I also have a CFI with a Sport Cub who works out of Hickory, NC. I'm sure he would be delighted to meet up with you somewhere. Give me a call if any questions. (770) 364-1556, or e-mail chip@swtaviation.com.

Thanks,

Chip

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA