Thread: Pre-Oiler on CubCrafter engines

Default Pre-Oiler on CubCrafter engines

A pre-oiler, also known as pre-lube, reduces engine wear by pumping lube oil thru the engine's lube system
    before the engine starts running. Question: Do CubCrafter engines have or use pre-oilers?

I got interested in pre-oilers when I learned that my 2007 Toyota Sedan came equipped with a pre-oiler.
    It turns out that most new Toyotas have pre-oilers. That is a big endorsement for pre-oilers on auto engines.

Correction: Toyota does not use a pre-oiler. Toyota engines have a simple check valve that prevents the lube oil
    from draining down to the sump when the engine is shut down. This insures that oil remains in the
    passageways and on bearing surfaces and greatly reduces engine wear when the engine is restarted.

The question remains; is a pre-oiler effective or practical in a Cub Crafter's engine?

NedMullen UrbanMullen@gmail.com
    Last edited by Ned Mullen; 12-26-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: corrections ...

Default Re: Pre-Oiler on CubCrafter engines

Not worth the 10 extra pounds.... I'm going to put a spin on filter on mine but would not even consider a preoiler on a CC340. What really wears out an engine is poor operation habits (like shock cooling it).