Thread: alternator

Default alternator

anyone know if there is a spot on the cc340 mounted in the EX kit for this alternator?
    B&C MODEL SD-8 ALTERNATOR & REGULATOR at aircraft spruce?
    The model SD-8 is a spline-driven, 14-volt alternator system for aircraft with an open vacuum pump drive pad. It features an ultra-reliable, brushless construction. A permanent magnet assembly ...
    heres a link. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/..._bcspline.html

thanks, casey

Default Re: alternator

There is a spot on the accessory case that this could mount but it is covered up by a metal plate that is bonded on and there are no drive gears in the back of the motor for the drive adapter. It would be quite a project to add it. It may be as in depth as having to split the case of the engine.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

would this be something that the factory could omit(plate that is sealed, and omit gear)? just put gear in and normal cover on this area for this alternator could be installed as a back up? just asking ....thanks

You could ask whoever you are dealing with when you buy it but it is doubtful. Thats going pretty far back up the chain. I'm not sure how far they go with customization. Anything is possible though.

Hows that for a yes, no, maybe? ;-) Essentially, I don't know, but if I had to bet I'd say no.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

good answer..... you could give the weather or run for some office (but if your closet isnt full of ut ohs, forget it)..

it was just some thinking, question asking,,,,,read an pieace on these alternators and it just got my attention! probably do the same for back up power with a 2 or 3 pound spare battery mounted behind in storage area and keep it charged from time to time.... thanks for the info