Thread: Southeast cubs

Default Southeast cubs

First attempt video.Cant figure out why I keep getting still shots on the video in spots?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqih1R-Kaz8

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

Default Re: Southeast cubs

Chuck,

What kind of camera were you using and how did you mount it to the skylight?

Would you be working with a GoPro by chance? If so, I might be able to shed some light on your still vs video issue. I recently was given a GoPro to use and I have found that it comes up in the camera mode when I first turn it on. If I remember, I have to step through the modes to get to the video mode. If I forget or end up in a mode other than what I want, when I turn it on, I don't get what I want.

Hope that helps some.

John

Hey John
    Yes its a gopro got last week,not having trouble with recording video its when i try to edit.Couldn't figure out how to attach movie either thats why it a link.(must be redneck with Iphone syndrome). I modified a ram mount.
    Were leaving Fri See ya At Osh
    Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images

I use the "handlebar clamp" to attach the camera to the frame tubes inside the windshield:

On mine, the camera defaults to video mode every time it is turned on. You have to hit the front button again to advance it to still mode. Unfortunately the only way to tell for sure what mode it's in is to look at the LCD display on the front of the camera, which is difficult or impossible depending on how the camera is mounted.
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180

Thanks Jeff
    I tried the bar mount didn't like losing the forward visibility (lots of buzzards down here),my instrument instructor always gave me a hard time about my 496 on dash, would always point out how small traffic was in the wind screen and how big the 496 was.I guess it finally sunk in. It does hit my hat every once in awhile in the skylight but I found it to be the best for me so far, the camera is working fine it just when i try to edit that I'm having problems. I can lean forward and see the LCD.