Thread: 4th of July week on the Western Slope of Colorado

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 4th of July week on the Western Slope of Colorado

My wife and I flew up to Colorado for 4th of July week. Attached are some photos from the trip. They are not as good as I would have liked due to the haze and smoke (from the fires). The photo's below were taken at various locations near Gunnison, Paonia, Crested Butte, and Aspen. The home photographed below is Joe Cocker's (the 60's rocker) Colorado ranch not far from my in-laws place. He has got a great spread there.

At 7V2-1.jpgBlack Canyon 1-1.jpgBlack Canyon 3-1.jpgBlack Canyon 4-1.jpgElk 1-1.jpgElk near Paonia-1.jpgFlying toward Aspen-1.jpgFoggy Paonia w Mts. Coal, Lambburn, landsend -1.jpgJoe Cockers Place-1.jpgJoe Cockers Place a-1.jpgMt. Coal & Lamburn -1.jpgMt. Coal Lamburn & Lands End thru prop-1.jpg

Default Re: 4th of July week on the Western Slope of Colorado

Great photos Steve. I was raised in Western Colorado, and still have fond memories of the natural beauty there. Where did you get the elk shots?

Default Re: 4th of July week on the Western Slope of Colorado

Thanks Charles. My wife was also born and raised in Western Colorado and my in-laws still live there. So its now become an adopted 2nd home for me and I love it. Your absolutely right, its a truly special and beautiful place. The Elk were photographed at the base of Mt. Lamburn near Paonia Co. I've attached a photo of Mt. Lamburn below, it has an ancient rock slide (in the middle) that they say looks like a Lamb, thus Mt. Lamburn.

Regards,
    SteveMt. Lamburn & Lands End -1.jpg
    Last edited by Steve V; 07-16-2012 at 06:37 AM.