Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Builder log programs

Default Re: Builder log programs

UPDATE: Some Progress

Pete, yesterday Rob Riggen (cell# 802-310-1183) replied to my complaining text. I've used that number several times over the last three months without response. Yesterday he promised to work the issue today, but just now he's second text says that image upload problem will be resolved tomorrow. He says that he would confirm it with me.

Of course I'll post results here when it happens. For now I stand by…but progress.

Jim Morrical

I ask again, is anyone using the Expercraft and successfully downloading photos? If so what is your experience?

Do you use a PC or Mac? Was there some property or setting you changed that allowed you to again be able to download pictures?

Rob still has not corrected the photo download at least for me.

Jim Morrical

Quote Originally Posted by jmorrical View Post
    I ask again, is anyone using the Expercraft and successfully downloading photos? If so what is your experience?

Do you use a PC or Mac? Was there some property or setting you changed that allowed you to again be able to download pictures?

Rob still has not corrected the photo download at least for me.

Jim Morrical
    Hi Jim...Chip Mather here. We met at the EAA Workshop in VA. I experienced the same issues with Expercraft as you and after seeing what Pete Meyer had to go through to get his completed log from Rob I decided it wasn't worth the risk and moved to KitLog. I was able to save 2+ years of Expercraft entries by using its print function and saving it as a PDF file. its now in hard copy
    I made the mistake of trying to use KitLog on my MacBook loading parallels desktop and Windows 8....which promptly brought it to its knees!
    I bit the bullet and bought a cheap PC ($300) and am using it with the KitLog Pro program. KitLog is clunker than Expercraft, but works and is not reliant on Rob!

Update: Photo Uploading Working on Expercraft!

I have been in contact with Rob in the last few days. He has worked on photo upload fixes for Expercraft. He says in March he will spend time working on upgrades and make improvements to Expercraft to make it easier to use and more helpful.

I use a Mac so this was the best option for me from the beginning. I have been patient. My web page built off the site for guest viewing is not working and CubCrafters Carbon Cub builders logs have never been listed in the "Find Aircraft Projects" tab. Surely there are other Carbon Cub builders there?? For now the photo upload problem I have been experiencing since November is FIXED! Perhaps others will have the same results.

Jim Morrical
    Last edited by jmorrical; 02-17-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Quick! Update your log and print the backup before it goes down again!!!

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ✈️N9PW Completed 10/10/2015
    Severna Park, MD

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

PayPal note below emailed to me today...

ExperCraft, LLC canceled your automatic payments. This means we'll no longer automatically draw money from your account to pay the merchant. If you have any questions, you may ask ExperCraft, LLC about this cancellation.

Anybody know anything? So it's gone?

Try to log on you see this:
    This Web site project is suspended indefinitely.
    Please direct questions and inquiries to rob at riggen dot org
    Jim Morrical

From time to time I Google to see what's happening with ExperCraft. It looks like Rob Riggen has accomplished a recovery of textual logs, but not photos yet. That alone is a great help. This seems to indicate photos could come.

You can cut and past this link but when you do simply type in your ExperCraft user name as shown here. Good luck!

http://websites.expercraft.com/myusername

Try this link below if you want to see the page I found with the instructions.

http://websites.expercraft.com

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 11.58.21 PM.png
    Jim Morrical

EAA has an online builders log operating for members!

Last week at my EAA Chapter 302 monthly meeting in Conroe, TX I learned EAA has an online Builders Log up and running! Apparently it was announced at AirVenture 2019 Oshkosh this year. Charlie Becker, EAA Director of Chapters, also made the announcement in the EAA September Chapter Video Magazine.

I use a Mac and for convenience had been using ExperCraft. It shut down without warning months ago as you may know. I had purchased KitLog Pro a few weeks ago, but couldn't face transitioning to a PC and hadn't made any progress toward reviving my log. Fortunately for me, I have recovered most of my textual entries from ExperCraft, but no photos, no time on sections of the build, etc. I am happy to say I am in the process to rebuilding my log. It is easy to cut and paste text from the document recovered. Photos are easily dragged and dropped or searched to my entries.

https://EAABuildersLog.org

Jim Morrical
    Last edited by jmorrical; 09-17-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    Jim Morrical