Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Builder log programs

Default Builder log programs

Any suggestions for a good builder log program? I'm working my way through inventory of my EX wing and fuselage shipment and would like to get logging my time. Thanks.

Default Re: Builder log programs

Microsoft Excel

Tony

Hi Paul:

If you recall, I work for Desert Rat Aviation in Maricopa AZ--I have used Kitlog Pro http://www.kitlog.com/ for over 8 years on many projects as it provides categories, dates, provisions for 3 pictures, etc. and can be saved in PDF format. Using a MS Access database, it is very powerful and can be filtered for reviewing past data (i.e., wings, engine, dates, person working, etc.) but is also very easy to use and not particularly expensive. When it comes time to have the FAA inspect the aircraft, they have always been impressed with the completeness.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by clipwingcub View Post
    Microsoft Excel

Tony
    That's what I have used too. The DAR read through all of it as well as going through a few hundred images on my laptop computer.

This is a pretty cool tool that you can use to keep track of your project. It has a "private" part that you can use to track $ etc but part of it is public as well so you can share your progress easily as you update your builder log.

http://www.expercraft.com/
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

NEED HELP! I'm trying to finalize my build log in Kitlog Pro and for some reason I can't access their program help menu and I can't figure out who to insert pictures on the log. Can someone tell me how its done. All the other functions seem to be working.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Steve,

I don't have my old PC in front of me but I will try and talk you through it. When you are in your construction log you should have a drop down menu in the middle of the screen that says select image number. You then select one, two or three. This is which box you want one of the three pictures to go into. Then move to the right and hit select. This will bring up a window that will allow you to select a picture saved on your computer. You then select the picture hit enter and it should download it to your log in the image box you selected. I rember it being very simple. If that is not working it may be a computer problem.

http://www.kitlog.com/products/image...n2_screen1.gif

Cubrath,
    Thanks so much, you know I tried every way to do that except that way, I feel like an idiot
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

I signed up for ExperCraft Builders Productivity Edition for $4.95 a month. It's working OK but I've wanted to add more detail to my log. I've called the phone # and emailed and NOTHING. Any one have experience with this log system. I've got expense and construction sections going just fine. Public web page they offer with builders profile, tools and etc can't be accessed as far as I know. Not particularly happy with the utility of this log.

Jim Morrical

Quote Originally Posted by stede52 View Post
    Cubrath,
    Thanks so much, you know I tried every way to do that except that way, I feel like an idiot

No worries Steve, that's how I feel when I call Mitch on a biweekly basis!

Mike