Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Builder log programs

Default Re: Builder log programs

I don't see a Carbon Cub on the list of kits. It has been a long time since I used it. Looks like they have overhauled the website since then and added some advertising to keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorrical View Post
    I signed up for ExperCraft Builders Productivity Edition for $4.95 a month. It's working OK but I've wanted to add more detail to my log. I've called the phone # and emailed and NOTHING. Any one have experience with this log system. I've got expense and construction sections going just fine. Public web page they offer with builders profile, tools and etc can't be accessed as far as I know. Not particularly happy with the utility of this log.

Jim Morrical
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Cubrath View Post
    No worries Steve, that's how I feel when I call Mitch on a biweekly basis!

Mike
    Just Bi-weekly?? He should be so lucky with me.

DAR comes tomorrow, I will be in the air soon
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

I had been using a subscription Expercraft for my builder log satisfactorily. In the last two months I have not been able to download any photos to my log entries. Since I've been a subscriber contacts at the phone number, email address and comments page on Expercraft are all unanswered. I have found the owner's name listed here and there on the internet, even FaceBook, and have tried to message him for some response. NOTHING. There is a thread on the VansAirForce Forum with builders complaining about the same things. They have not gotten any response either.

My subscription is paid thru my PayPal so I have filed a complaint and message thru them. I wait for a response.

Are any CarbonCub builders here having the same problems?

For now I would avoid Expercraft.

Jim Morrcial
    Last edited by jmorrical; 11-17-2015 at 08:58 AM.

I had some major issues with expercraft during the majority of my build. Rob promised to make the corrections and never did. In the final weeks of the build the site went down and stayed down. Never was able to complete my log. It was everything I could do to get what I had done printed.

His name is Rob Riggen and his cell phone number is (802) 310-1183. He never took or returned my calls but he did answer text messages.

Good luck,

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

I have been trying to get ahold of him as well to access a project for an old log. No response.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

I've found this on another builders forum where people are equally frustrated.

Rob Riggen | aviator. educator. coffee drinker

Following the link find comments there about some ugly family law dispute. His public Linkedin profile mentions coffee business so to me there is little doubt that this is Rob Riggen of Expercraft. This could explain why Expercraft is going totally unattended?
    Last edited by jmorrical; 12-13-2015 at 01:24 PM.

That's him! Found that too as I was digging for info

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ️N9PW Completed 10/10/2015
    Severna Park, MD

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Jim, at least you are early in your build! Sounds like it time to write that one off and move on to the next one.

I'm using kit log pro. It leaves a lot to be desired however one nice thing about it is that when you download it it's yours. You don't have to hope they are still in business by the time you finish your project.

One Last Try….

As I have said here before I chose to use the online Expercraft builders log. It's the only log that will let me use my Mac. The KitLog Pro functions only on Windows. I don't want to add the window application to my OLD Mac. Waisted $$$

Before I go out and buy a cheep Windows computer and switch to KitLog I wanted to ask if any builders here using Mac computer are able to post pictures to your log? How did you make it happen?

Can anyone give any updates? I have tried to contact this guy on his coffee business web site, his Linkedin, his blog and the Expercraft site. He is AWOL!!!

Some builders on other forums say they are now able to load pictures. I'm trying to find a solution.

Thanks
    Jim Morrical

Jim,

Just tried to upload myself and while it looks like it works, the image is not viewable.

His cell phone number is (802) 310-1183 Rob Riggen. I was able to get him to respond to text back in Oct as I was trying to get my final entires in place and print my log before DAR visit. Good luck!

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ✈️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18