Thread: CC EX Panel dimensions needed (width/heigth)

Wink CC EX Panel dimensions needed (width/heigth)

Since I cannot begin my EX until the house move is completed the only thing I can do is dream I'm building it and work on the panel layout. Can someone provide me the width and height measurement of the EX panel? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Default Re: CC EX Panel dimensions needed (width/heigth)

Walter,
    I don't have the panel dimensions right here, out of the office right now, but I did go to your Carbon Cub project blog... nice!! I'd love to speak with you about some of the options you are considering. I was going to post a response on your blog but was rushed and it looked like I needed to create an account and log in.

Glad to have you here, I'm sure the other builders and prospective builders will enjoy reading of your process!
    Randy Lervold

Hi Randy,

I am eager to hear any advice/suggestions/comments you have about the tact I'm taking on my project. Fortunately I'm in the planning stages, just ripe for any information I can get. If you have a moment give me a call anytime (310) 345-8925 or post suggestions here for all to benefit from. Thank you.

Oh, and I changed the blog to accept posts from anyone without registering.
    Last edited by Walter; 06-30-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Since I cannot begin my EX until the house move is completed the only thing I can do is dream I'm building it and work on the panel layout. Can someone provide me the width and height measurement of the EX panel? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
    Walter' which panel do you have? I can measure mine this weekend and post the measurements (executive). I pulled a picture into visio to get the proportions correct to design mine.

Tony

I am not sure which panel the EX gets. I do want a panel with nothing cut out from it - a true blank panel.
    Guess I'll just measure one at Lompoc this weekend.

Default Re: CC EX Panel dimensions needed (width/height)

There are several panel options for the Carbon Cub EX. Any of the panels offered for the SS are available as well as some of the same shapes in blank form. They all have the same top shape, it is the height and shape of the bottom that varies.

For what you are planning a blank "Executive Glass" panel is probably what you want. Mitch could tell you better than I exactly what is available in blank form.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

I was able to measure an executive panel at the Lompoc Piper Cub fly-in. Fortunately there was an SS and a Top Cub there. Lots of fun events and a really nice day with a bunch of cubs there.

I've asked Mitch if there is a CAD drawing of the experimental panel blank somewhere.

Walter -

I'm installing a factory assembled panel so I dont need the panel blank that came with my kit, you can have it if you pay for shipping. Here is a link to a picture of it, I was just using it for a template at this point in the build.

http://mycarboncubex.shutterfly.com/418

Your very generous offer is accepted. Send you PM.