Thread: READ THIS FIRST -- forum briefing for first time users

Default READ THIS FIRST -- forum briefing for first time users

Welcome to the CubCrafters forums!
    Whether you are a CubCrafters aircraft owner, pilot, or just interested we welcome you to our community. You'll get the most out of this forum if you understand a few things about it first, so please take the time to read the information below.

Registration

You're welcome to peruse the forums without registering, but we encourage you to Register...
    • While you can view the forums as a Guest, you must be Registered and logged in to make any posts.
    • As a Registered user you can set up "subscriptions" to forums and message threads:
      • Subscribing to a forum enables you to get a daily recap of activity, if you find anything of interest you can just click on the link to go straight to the message thread of interest.
      • Subscribing to a particular message thread enables you to get instant e-mail notice when someone has posted a response or answer to your question.
    • This forum allows posters to embed pictures in their messages, the pics are not visible unless you are registered.

To register just click on the Register button in the top right of your screen and follow the instructions. You will receive an e-mail shortly with a link you'll need to click to verify your registration. When you login you can click the "Remember me" button and you won't have to login next time you visit (as long as your computer has cookies enabled). Don't worry, your registration info is competely confidential, it will never be sold or passed out for any reason.

Forum posting rules
    Please note that this is a moderated forum with a simple set of rules... language and tone that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers shouldn't be used. It's pretty simple, express whatever opinion you like, just don't engage in any personal attacks. Yes, the moderators can edit or delete any inappropriate posts, but please be assured that they have NO interest in doing that unless you're posting something really inappropriate.

I'll add various tutorials and instructions to this section so be sure and check back later. Again, welcome!
    Randy Lervold

Default Re: READ THIS FIRST -- forum briefing for first time users

Randy -

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I post a new message to the forum? I cannot find where to do so on the screen.

Thanks.

To create a new thread:

You need to first click on a section of the forum (examples: "General Cubcrafters", "Float flying" "Classifieds" ect.) Pick the heading that most closely describes the subject you want to post about.

Once you get to a forum section you will see a balloon button at the top of the page that says "+ Post new thread"

Click that and away you go!

To post a message on a thread that is already going, when viewing the thread look for a balloon button at the top in the same place that says "+ Reply to Thread"
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Simple Question: how do you edit and change your user name? Can't find it under edit profile...

The only way to change your user name is to have the Admin do it. If you'll send an e-mail to randy.lervold@cubcrafters.com with both your current and desired user name I'd be happy to change it for you.
    Randy Lervold