Thread: Carbon Cub Envy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Carbon Cub Envy

As a CubCrafters dealer we get to introduce the Carbon Cub to a broad range of flying enthusiasts. When we attend events such as the Golden West Fly-in/Airshow where last weekend we had several Carbon Cubs on display, we know somebody is interested they come back for a second look. We know they're really interested when they return with their wife.

The guy that showed the most enthusiasm for the Carbon Cub at Golden West was an F/A 18 Instructor Pilot with Strike Fighter Squadron 122 from Lemoore Naval Air Station. This likeable young officer was at Golden West performing his incredible F/A 18 Super Hornet flight demonstration routine. You would not believe what he could make that airplane do.

He took time away from his flight duties to visit our display. He later returned, wife, child, and parents in tow, specifically to share with them his excitement over the Carbon Cub.

So the next time you're watching an F/A 18 demo and you think to yourself "hey, that's pretty cool, I'd like to give that a try," remember that when that F/A 18 pilot is watching you fly your Carbon Cub, he's probably thinking the same thing.
    Ben Hodges
    California Cubs
    www.californiacubs.com

Default Re: Carbon Cub Envy

Very cool Ben. You should have challenged him to a STOL contest. ;-)
    Randy Lervold

Yeah, first one to 1,500 feet. We'll give him a placard for his Super Hornet: "I'd rather be flying my Carbon Cub."
    Ben Hodges
    California Cubs
    www.californiacubs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Californiacubs View Post
    Yeah, first one to 1,500 feet. We'll give him a placard for his Super Hornet: "I'd rather be flying my Carbon Cub."
    Good idea for the store.
    Christopher Cater
    GREAT LAKES CUBS
    www.greatlakescubs.com

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Californiacubs View Post
    As a CubCrafters dealer we get to introduce the Carbon Cub to a broad range of flying enthusiasts. When we attend events such as the Golden West Fly-in/Airshow where last weekend we had several Carbon Cubs on display, we know somebody is interested they come back for a second look. We know they're really interested when they return with their wife.

The guy that showed the most enthusiasm for the Carbon Cub at Golden West was an F/A 18 Instructor Pilot with Strike Fighter Squadron 122 from Lemoore Naval Air Station. This likeable young officer was at Golden West performing his incredible F/A 18 Super Hornet flight demonstration routine. You would not believe what he could make that airplane do.

He took time away from his flight duties to visit our display. He later returned, wife, child, and parents in tow, specifically to share with them his excitement over the Carbon Cub.

So the next time you're watching an F/A 18 demo and you think to yourself "hey, that's pretty cool, I'd like to give that a try," remember that when that F/A 18 pilot is watching you fly your Carbon Cub, he's probably thinking the same thing.
    I had the same experience down at Kingsley Field last summer. Several guys came from the airbase over to the FBO to check out the airplane. I guess I should have offered to trade them a ride.
    Brad Damm - Vice President of Sales and Marketing
    CubCrafters - Yakima, Washington
    Office: (509) 248-9491
    Cell: (509) 961-2313

Totally. As a former F-16 pilot, and current USAF T-6A Texan II IP, I have serious Carbon Cub envy. I'd love to try one out!

Nozz

Quote Originally Posted by Nozz View Post
    Totally. As a former F-16 pilot, and current USAF T-6A Texan II IP, I have serious Carbon Cub envy. I'd love to try one out!

Nozz
    That can be arranged. Looks like you're from Texas, just get in touch with Scot Warren...
    www.warrenaircraft.com. Would love to hear your impressions!
    Randy Lervold

I'm currently a Navy Test pilot, flew EA-6B Prowlers and am now in the F/A-18G. I took my first CC demo ride 2 months ago (thanks Tim Fleming of Fleming Aviation) and was hooked. I'm putting in my order next Feburary and will hopefully have it for the spring/summer flying season!!!

Kyle "Sock"