Thread: New Builder Introduction

Default New Builder Introduction

I would like to take a second and introduce myself to this forum. I just received my CC EX wing kit today and I could not be happier. What an outstanding kit. Partially uncrated, I can see the fine workmanship in every detail. Today was just like Christmas without the multi-colored lights and white beard.

My baptism to the experimental world came in 2003 when I started work on my Vans RV-7A kit. I had no prior experimental experience but managed to fumble/bumble my way for a couple of years and finally flew in 2005. Spent the past 7 years flying N447RV and thoroughly enjoyed every flying hour and the RV community camaraderie. Memories of people and planes I will not forget easily.

Recently I had a desire for some different kind of flying. Our family is thinking long term and a move to some more remote place has been on the table (everything other than Los Angeles is remote). Maybe some place with open fields and lots of lakes? So it was time to look at something different to fly - and boy is the Carbon Cub just that. Our future location is on the long term table but the airplane to fit the bill is not anymore.

When I found out that the famous multi-RV builder/flyer Randy Lervold had joined the company some time ago that really sealed the deal. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and everything he has done for the RV community. I spoke with him and Mitch and came away with the notion that I could actually have exactly what I wanted and it would perform like nothing else. Yes, I got very exited and I still am today to be able to build a safe (wife/me), super performing (me) airplane. I'm lucky to have such choices and a wife that supports me.

So it looks like I'll be here for a while and I've been reading each post daily and I'm very excited to be a part of this new community. Looking forward to reviewing the forum every day (on company time of course).

Let the build begin.

Default Re: New Builder Introduction

Congrats Walter,

Im sure you will enjoy the kit as much as we have ours!

Have fun!

Congrats Walter! You will really enjoy building the Carbon Cub. Please post updates as you move along.
    Tony

Congrats Walter! You're gonna love the build of the kit...maybe almost as much as flying it!

Walter, welcome aboard! Can't wait to see what little "tweaks" you have in mind for your new Carbon Cub. I'm sure you've reviewed all of Dan Lilja's customizations and he did such a great job of posting his progress here. Please keep us all posted here also and don't forget the pics!
    Randy Lervold

Hi Walter,

We are building at CMA, kit #16. We are about to cover the wings and start painting metal. If you are up our way, stop by hangar 97 at the east end.

Dave and Phil

Thanks for the offer Dave and Phil. I would love to see your progress and help in any way I can if you need it. I have zero first hand experience with covering so this would be an excellent opportunity to watch and learn. Will you be around tomorrow or Sunday? My number is 310-345-8925

Thanks again for the offer.

Hi Walter,
    Congrats on your purchase. I used Sun N Fun 2012 as the occasion to finalize my CC EX purchase and assuming the truck rolls as scheduled my fuselage and wings will be arriving into the Phoenix valley on June 21st. It's interesting reading about your move to the Carbon Cub after building and flying your RV. I have been looking at building a 7A up until the time Jeff at Suncountry took me for a flight over the AZ desert last fall. I'm flying a Cirrus SR22 right now and quickly realized the Carbon Cub gives me a far different aviating experience from the SR22 as opposed to the difference between the 7A and the SR22, if that makes any sense.
    Looking forward to watching you progress and comparing notes over the build period. Great company. I'm looking forward to seeing the same quality you describe in my first shipment.
    Cheers,
    Paul