Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: O-200 XP Package for Sport Cub

Wink Re: O-200 XP Package for Sport Cub

Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
    I continue to be impressed by the performance of the 0200 in my sport cub. It has the xp mod done by LyCon. Wednesday was really hot for Maine, we were 91 degrees and 75 dewpoint, really unusual for us to be so sultry. I gave a ride to a surveyor to inspect a couple big parcels we are looking at. We were right at gross. The plane was off in 350 ft, climb at 80 for cooling about 800 fpm. Don't know the DA but was high for us. Does a nice job for me at 6 gph and 100 mph. My oil burn is a bit disappointing at 1 qt 8 hrs but I know of 3 others that are the same. Thx for a nice package CC. I wonder how a Carbon Cub will fit in...hmmm

Jim
    I'll bet it would fit perfectly in your hanger heck I'll bet you wouldn't loose an inch

Default Re: O-200 XP Package for Sport Cub

Quote Originally Posted by ncshp View Post
    Is anyone running a Catto prop with the XP-0200? What kind of performance have you experienced? What pitch and Diameter?...The Catto is such a smooth prop I hope to hear good results! Its been a year and no move or new info. from Sensenich on the Grd adj.
    We have the O200 package in N536CS with a Catto prop Catto Glass2XCarbon B-2. 76 inch diameter 40 pitch.
    It was a vast improvement over the stock prop and engine combo.

Now in mine N5058 I have the stock cylinders with a Sensenich ground adjustable with a 48 pitch cartridge in it.
    With both planes at gross (we finally got to do this back in May) Sierra gets off the ground first and is the first to 50 feet, then Priscilla (5058) catches up and they are pretty evenly matched.

I am so impressed with the Sensenich ground adjustable that I am not sure that I will do the HP mod. I am also turning 2600 on takeoff.

The HP mod will use a bit more oil as the pistons have one less ring.
    Scott and Kim Huntington
    2007 CubCrafters CC11-100 "Sierra"
    2008 CubCrafters CC11-100 "Priscilla"

What has been the reliability experience with the 9:1 mod? Ring or piston issues, high oil burn? Shortened cylinder life? Appreciate feedback. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Megs4sale View Post
    What has been the reliability experience with the 9:1 mod? Ring or piston issues, high oil burn? Shortened cylinder life? Appreciate feedback. Thx.
    Almost five years into the XP/Sensenich change I would offer the following.

Oil consumption is higher than I like, but it is not burned but blowing by the rings. I understand there is one less ring on the high compression pistons. Th prop is really a good performer, but if the Cato offers the same performance I would buy it and not be part of the mag controversy.

For all the cost of he Lycon conversion of the engine, I would start with the prop conversion and then consider the engine work if you want more performance. It is not a cheap mod.