Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O-200 XP Package for Sport Cub

Default Re: O-200 XP Package for Sport Cub

Quote Originally Posted by ncshp View Post
    Ralph I am running the same prop as Dianna and only see about 2300 on climb out and about 2350 static...Is 15% more power gonna overcome that many RPM to cause over-revving?
    Ralph - what pitch is the XP - Sensenich ground adjustable prop. I'm thinking of upgrading the engine and re-pitching or buying a new fixed pitch prop. Not sure I really need a ground adjustable prop I will never adjust !!!

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by fr0gpil0t View Post
    Ralph - what pitch is the XP - Sensenich ground adjustable prop. I'm thinking of upgrading the engine and re-pitching or buying a new fixed pitch prop. Not sure I really need a ground adjustable prop I will never adjust !!!

Robert
    Robert: When I went from regular 0-200 to XP ... I had to add 4 inches of pitch on my adjustable prop.

NCHP: I was speculating that if someone with a normal 0-200 pitched Catto added 15-20% more power, they might overrev when in cruise if throttle wasn't reduced from climb. I like my engines to reach readline when I tip the nose over from climb....reach, but not pass redline when I level out at full throttle. I have never flown a Catto on an XP...but suspect Diana's is pitched for a normal 0-200. R
    Ralph Rogers
    Owner: TheCubWorks
    www.TheCubWorks.com
    CCSS #142 N123MR
    I have always felt the supercub is one thing mankind got right the first time but that there were better materials and methods to build them. CubCrafters products are proof I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Centmont View Post
    Robert: When I went from regular 0-200 to XP ... I had to add 4 inches of pitch on my adjustable prop.

NCHP: I was speculating that if someone with a normal 0-200 pitched Catto added 15-20% more power, they might overrev when in cruise if throttle wasn't reduced from climb. I like my engines to reach readline when I tip the nose over from climb....reach, but not pass redline when I level out at full throttle. I have never flown a Catto on an XP...but suspect Diana's is pitched for a normal 0-200. R

Thanks for the info Ralph..Stands to reason that it would over-rev @ cruise with a 43 pitch when most of the XP's are running 48's

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

I have run several props on my SportCub XP and several pitch cartridges for the Sensenich grnd adj.

The engine upgrade is a worthwhile one with all of the benefits that Ralph was talking about. However, if you don't match the prop to your new engine power you will not be getting full benefit of the engine mod. Most of my prop selections have been various pitch choices with the Sensenich grnd adj but I have flown a couple of experimental props from Catto and Sensenich.

On wheels, my choice is the 54" pitch on the Sensenich grnd adj. On floats, 50" or 52" pitch seems to work well. I am currently on floats and running a 52" pitch cartridge. Performance off the water is good.

Catto and Sensenich are working on some other choices I am sure.

JM
    John Moreland
    SWT Aviation
    CubCrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Central Florida

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I have run several props on my SportCub XP and several pitch cartridges for the Sensenich grnd adj.

The engine upgrade is a worthwhile one with all of the benefits that Ralph was talking about. However, if you don't match the prop to your new engine power you will not be getting full benefit of the engine mod. Most of my prop selections have been various pitch choices with the Sensenich grnd adj but I have flown a couple of experimental props from Catto and Sensenich.

On wheels, my choice is the 54" pitch on the Sensenich grnd adj. On floats, 50" or 52" pitch seems to work well. I am currently on floats and running a 52" pitch cartridge. Performance off the water is good.

Catto and Sensenich are working on some other choices I am sure.

JM
    Does anyone know the official line on the XP upgrade - it doesn't seem to be on the Cubcrafters website - is it something still being offered ?

Robert

When they did my conversion a little over a year ago, Stan told me they had way more time in it than they had budgeted. They honored the quoted price, but I am guessing it is not a profitable mod for them at the original price. It does make a BIG difference in performance.

I suspect there are a few Sport Cubs out there that now have a significant amount of time on the XP-200 engine mod. Still a no-brainer or have any problems started to arise? Thanks.

Andrew

Almost two hundred hours and I still like it. It's not a Carbon Cub but it's close and half the money. If you want to try one come over to Walla Walla and I can give you some stick time.

Quote Originally Posted by cityrancher View Post
    Almost two hundred hours and I still like it. It's not a Carbon Cub but it's close and half the money. If you want to try one come over to Walla Walla and I can give you some stick time.
    I wanted to get this done but never really figured the prop options - the package used to include a Sensenich ground adjustable prop but that had a service notification NOTIFICATION NO. CN-1-13 because of a harmonic. I need a bigger pitch prop than I have and I didn't just want to chose another prop and find that wasn't well matched for the engine/airframe.

What is everyone using ?

Robert

I too would love to upgrade but still waiting on the prop option.